Tuesday, June 10, 2014

The catcher in the rye

In the book the catcher in the rye (which was an amazing book) my main character Holdin has very much to realate to me and most adult teens in the world. In my point of view I can see the decision making he made for not tell his parents because I would two. One thing I was that relatede to him and I think anyone who read the book would agree was that throughout this journey her places himself in he meets lots of new people something we do in basically our whole life. But what fascinated me about the character J.D Salinger did was that in just a few days he met so many people.  
    One example, in the beginning when Holdin was still in school I met his roommates they were described really descriptive but by Holdin's perspective. The first person was Ackley in pg.19 he had entered the room where holdin was reading Holdin said "I never once saw him brush his teeth. They always looked mossy and awful and he damn near made you sick if you saw him in the dining room with a mouth full of mashed potatoes and peas or something. Besides that he had a lot of pimples. He was sort of a nasty guy I wasn't too crazy about him to tell the truth." In that part is where he describes Ackley as an ugly guy which is how I imagined him throughout the book.
  Something I wondered about in the book is why did this girl he really liked show up in the book her name was Alli and at the end he never really goes out with her she was mentioned toward the beginning but toward the rest of the book she wasn't really important. I can relate to that a lot because once I met this girl over the summer but saw her once we played in the park but then she had to go and when she left I remembered that I had forgotten to ask her, her name so the the next summer at the same park I see her again!. I was really surprised but I had forgotten that I didn't ask for her name so then my mom said I had to go eat and I could go back and play. When I returned to ask the girl her name she was gone. You see I didn't get why faith or life made me meet this girl whom I won't know her name and only see her two times in my life. Just like I don't get the reason Holdin had brought up Alli. 

No comments:

Post a Comment